3.05.2009

Hawaii #4

Here's one more shot from the beach.  You might just be looking at the next Gwenn and Helen.  We are pretty sure these two are going to be great friends.  They will have each other forever.  Isaac isn't sure what exactly to think of Carter but we keep catching Carter talking to Isaac.  It's so cute!
This is the corner of the Polynesian Center.  I just really liked these Tiki guys!
These two are Turtle Bay.  I was really expecting a little more.  *shrug*  Anyway, This is where the turtles migrate every year.
These shrimp trucks were ALL over northern Oahu.  It was cracking me up.  They have ponds where they grow their own shrimp and sell sell sell.  Some of them have signatures all over their trucks.  
This is the United Methodist Church near North Shore.  I really took this one for Brian.
This was a pretty typical house on the North Shore.  I hear they sell these shacks for roughly $750,000.  I was FLOORED!!!!  That is absurd!!!  
We really liked the name of this beach!!!  
The Hukilau Cafe is the name of the cafe in "50 first dates."  Turns out, the cast and crew used to frequent this cafe and liked the restaurant so much that they paid for the rights to use the name.  They built another one in the middle of nowhere and tore it down after filming.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a picture of me and JD at the Polynesian center, too! What a coinkidink!! I remember the shrip truks as well. When I saw them, the first thing that came to my mind was "I bet they're not very sanitary!" But, I guess it's the best shrimp you can get. Have a great rest of your trip. Love you