3.18.2009

Atlantis

This is Atlantis.  It's a submarine that takes you approximately 100 feet under water.  Quite honestly it's a tourist trap.  Gwenn sent me all sorts of magazines and pamphlets on Oahu.  Atlantis was one of two whole things that I really wanted to do.  So... we called.  They wanted $106 per adult to take this tour.  So Gwenn asked if they had a Kama ai'na rate.  They do.  Kama ai'na is what they call the locals.  (Comma eye na) The Kama ai'na rate is ...... (are you ready for this?) THIRTY-SIX DOLLARS!!!!  I could NOT believe this.  Lucky for me, I was going on such an adventure with Kama ai'na so they had the necessary Hawaiian state ID.  Usually they get like a 10% discount not 70%.  
The girls looking out our porthole. A Man-made shipwreck.  They had a few things strategically placed on this tour.  Some ships and an airplane for example. The babies couldn't come on this adventure with us so Gwenn was gracious enough to stay at home with the boys while Alex and I went with the girls. Everyone got a "Dive Log"  when boarding.  In the book their was a checklist for things you may see on such an adventure.  I gave each girl a pen and away they went.  Jadyn had an agenda.  She went right for the humpback whale.  She kept looking out, where there was nothing to see, and shouting out "There's a [insert name of fish]!"  Just so she could check them off.  It was so cute! By this time my good camera had broken so I'm sorry I don't have a better picture of the dolphins after we resurfaced.  They were near that catamaran.   Waikiki from the ocean.  The short pink hotel was where "Blue Hawaii" was filmed.   The surfers at Waikiki are pretty far out.  It's nothing like the North Shore where the waves will throw you into the beach. 

No comments: