2.25.2009

ALOOOOOOOHA!!!

I made it!  We got here last night.  Let me just say that 10 1/2 hours is a very long time.  Carter was the best baby!  He only fussed 2 times during the WHOLE FLIGHT!!!  Both times he was just too tired and fell asleep shortly there after.  Thank you for all of your well wishes and prayers.  This was one of the first things I saw after getting in the car.  How exciting yeah?  
These are everywhere!  Jadyn and Julia each picked me one on the walk home from school.  The weeds here are even beautiful.  I'll get a picture of them later.   I don't remember what this is called but I'm certain that I don't have the kind of balance it takes to do it!   A little more ocean.  Surprised!  They're surrounded. This was the almost sunrise out my lanai this morning.  Seeing as I was up at 5:15 with Carter, I got to see it.  This is the view from their apartment.  I'll give you different directions soon!

8 comments:

brandi said...

i'm totally jealous! what's a lanai?

mjhinkle2 said...

I'm soooo jealous. Hope you are having a great time.Take lots of pics.
Melissa

Missy B said...

I love the skyline. The flower is a hibiscus and they are my favorite. We have them here too and they just make me happy. I am thinking of having one tattooed on the inside of my left leg. :)

Missy B said...

PS on the hibiscus: If you photograph them in just the right light in the afternoon they seem to glow. It is really fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you you're finally there. Since I was there, too, I can totally picture where you are. I so wish I was there with you. Have so much fun and take lots of pictures. Don't forget to take a picture of Carter on the beach! Love you and tell Gwenn and family I said hello.

Cassie said...

Oh how wonderful. So glad you got there safe!

Anonymous said...

Helen,
Come to our deck in the summer and you can see a hibiscus. We had a beautiful one this summer. I would often find a praying mantis on it!
Susan

Anonymous said...

I've been there too, and I'm so missing the beauty of it all! Love the Hibiscus too, but also, how about the wild orchids? They grow everywhere. The restaurants even put them on your food plates! Have a wonderful time! Love you! JAS