11.26.2008

Snow Day

Michael's conversation with God must have been the reason it snowed yesterday.  :º)  We even had accumulation.  We went out to Wheeling yesterday to get some family pictures taken.  He watched it snow all day long and couldn't help himself.  He touched the snow every minute he could.  He made footprints all over Cabela Drive.  He kept asking for a snowball so he could eat it between stores.  He's totally my boy!
When we got home Michael and Brian got dressed in snow clothes and ventured outside.  I realize that it was already 8:00 and that it was bedtime but Michael hasn't been able to play in the snow yet and wanted to seize the opportunity before it melted again. This is what Carter did the entire 20 minutes that Daddy and Michael were out in the snow.  He didn't move.  He just kinda danced right there holding on to the coffee table.   Every kids' dream.  After playing in the snow he came in and had hot tea and a snowball.  :º)  
I saved a couple snowballs in the freezer for munching.  Last winter we only had one chance to use his snowball making tongs that I won in the Morgan family Christmas exchange.  I might as well have some for safe keeping.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the snowballs in the freezer - wonderful idea!!

Missy B said...

We just have ice cream. The leaves are changing this year so maybe I may see the elusive Florida Snow.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Helen. I have pictures of jake playing in his first snow right in your back yard, actually. I love that Michael loves eating snowballs, I can still taste it like it was yesterday! I love this picture of Carter, tooooooo cute! He has the best smile. Oh, how I miss them so! Love you, Aunt Maury.

Anonymous said...

Those boys are soo cute~ love the snow balls in the freezer - I remember eating the snow too! Did he make a snow angel? - My personal favorite! You can see so much joy on their faces - he will always remember the night he and daddy stayed up late playing in the snow! i think I need a Carter/Michael fix! love ya ruth