10.07.2008

30

As of 5:14 this morning I am 30 years old!  
I was laying in bed with Michael this morning and said, "Do you know what today is?" 
Michael~"What Mommy?"
Me~"It's my birthday! You say Happy Birthday Mommy!"
Michael~"No Mommy, I'm drinking my milk right now."
Ha ha ha ha ha!  Good times!  Brian is at school and won't be home till 12:30 am.  Bummer.  At least I get to see Ruth today!  We are meeting in Wheeling for some dinner!  Thanks Ruth.  
Keith and Cille called me last night and asked if I want to fly out there today.  I would've loved to!  I just don't know if I can pack me and two kids in such a short time.  I like to take my time packing.  Thanks guys for thinking of me!!! 
 It would've been appropriate as I have spent every decade birthday away from home.  When I turned 10 my parents let me play hooky and go on a field trip to ride a train with my Aunt Linda, Gwenn and Morgan.  When I turned 20 I was in New Mexico spending time with my Alaburdas.  30?  At home.  Maybe for 40 I'll be able to make a trip to California or something.  Hawaii, for sure, if Gwenn is still there!  
Thank you everyone for making my first 30 years so special!!!  I hope my next 30 years can be so wonderful!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My lovely Helen, Happy 30th Birthday. I wish you could be HERE to celebrate!! I love you so much and I just want you to know you are very special to me and you always will be. I've been so blessed to have such wonderful nieces and nephews. I love you dearly! Aunt Maury

rebecca said...

happy birthday!! Seems like yesterday that we were all still at SMFHS and you were driving around in your purple truck! ( :
Here's to an awesome year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie! Happy Birthday! Isn't it amazing how much you have accomplished in only 30 yrs? You have become a lovely competent woman, married the man of your dreams, created two incredibly beautiful little boys and have beeen such a positive influence on countless people whose lives you have touched. Think of all the good you have done and the milions of smiles you have caused in just 30 years. Here's to the next 30!!!!With love from both of us: JAS