3.22.2010

Two

It's official, this little jaundice baby just turned two.  He showed up 3 weeks early and made the perfect addition to our family.  

Carter Baby, you are so wonderful.  You are so feeling.  So caring.  So empathetic to everyone.  You never let anyone cry alone.  When someone cries, you cry with them.  If your brother hurts himself, you run to the wall, conk your head and come holding your head with your fake cry.  I just love that.  I look at you every day and can not believe how much you have grown.  I can't believe how tall you are or how much your legs look just like your Papa's.  I love how you stand when you eat too much sticking your belly out so you look like an old man.  I love your crazy, straight long hair.  I love how you go to bed with one hairdo and wake up with crazy bed head.  I love your laugh.  I love the things you find funny.  I love how you count before you say "GO!" when you want to race.  I love how you call me Mama and Mommy.  I love how you kiss the phone when you are ready to get off.  I love how you love everyone.  I love how you still want me when you are sad, tired, scared or hurt.  I love how ornery you are when you know someone is watching.  I love watching you act just like your brother.  I love how you call Michael "Buzzue" (Brother) when you see him.  I love the time I get to spend with you when Michael is in school.  I love watching you swing.  I love how hard you laugh when Daddy and I push you in the swing.  I love it when you run.  I love it how we only have to mention a bath before you start taking off your clothes.  I love it how you ask for a bath every time we change you.  I love it how you climb on the potty and say "pee pee" at every opportunity.  
I love watching you explore.  I LOVE how excited you get when you see the cows next door.  I love how you yell "BOO" at them till they moo back.  I love how you enjoy our new home.  I love watching you jump.  I love that you trust us to catch you every time.  I love watching you try new things.  I love how you sing while we eat lunch.  I love the way you use your imagination.  I love the way you need all three of your blankets to sleep.  I love the adventure in you.  I love how you put on a bike helmet to ride a concrete donkey.  I love who you are becoming.  I love who you are.  I love it when you take my hand and lead me to what every you can't communicate.  
I love how you licked your birthday cake.  I love your attitude.  I love everything about you Carter Baby!  I love how everyone we know calls you Carter Baby.  Happy Birthday my little man.  I LOVE YOU!!!!  I can't wait to see what this year brings us.  

3 comments:

Nanny said...

He puts on a helmet to ride a cement donkey! hahahahahahaha!! I actually laughed out loud at that. Fabulous! Can't wait to see you all this weekend.

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday! I love love love the cake licking picture~

Helena said...

And may I say that Carter is extremely photogenic. Cutie-pie!