11.26.2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

We had a peaceful Thanksgiving at home.  We made too much food and it was wonderful.  Michael told me I make the best turkey ever.  He's been doing that a lot lately with what ever I make for dinner.  I told him he's going to make his wife a very happy woman one day.  We even cleaned it all up in about 30 minutes.

A couple days ago Brian was making eggs.  When he went to grind the pepper, it opened and dumped peppercorns all over his breakfast.  Today, I was thinking about that and remembered that I had my Grandma Morgan's salt shaker and pepper grinder.  It's one of the few things I got from her house.  So far, they have been sitting in my upper cupboard, unused.  I thought I'd empty the pepper out and refill it with fresh peppercorns.  When I opened it a couple of cinnamon sticks fell out.  She is so cute!  So clever.  I never would've thought to put cinnamon sticks in a pepper grinder to get fresh cinnamon.  I called my Aunt Linda immediately.  I thought she would appreciate it most.  I do miss that woman!  Here's to you Grandma Aunt Morgan!

Sorry to our families.  We wish we could've seen any of you today.  Akron, Honolulu, Milford, Kissimmee, Cleveland, Newnan, Altamont, Someplace in northern California, Albuquerque...any of them would've been just fine with me.  Love you all!  Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

2 comments:

Missy B said...

We missed you too. That is quite clever of Nana. I miss her even more during the holidays. I have her candy dish sitting on my china cabinet.

Mom said...

we missed all of you, too. Although, I have to say, your children probably would have been scarred for life with all the laughing Aunt Maury and Aunt Mary and I were doing - along with Aunt Maury's "blow factor" statement - that even threw Annie! Suffice it to say that Aunt Mary fell over on the couch, I was holding my sides, and Aunt Maury turned absolutely beet red! Nothing like the Alaburda Ha!