3.25.2013

Heaven

  My babies are so smart.  Today, my sister-in-law lost her father.  I was discussing it with my children.  Naturally, they asked what happened.  I told them that his heart and lungs have been working VERY hard lately and that they finally had a chance to rest.  Carter breaks in with "God died on the cross for us."  "You're right Carter!  Do you know why he did that?" "For our sins." "And why else?" Both boys said, "So we can go to Heaven."  It was dark in their room but I was beaming!  Then they went on to tell me what they imagined Heaven to look like.  Carter said it's full of fields.  Michael said he imagines that it's a HUGE church with red carpet.  They have really big pews, one for each family, so you can sit with your whole family.  They probably threw a party when Ben got there.  I told him that I think they throw a party for everyone when they get there.  He said they have lots of food up there.  We also discussed how Ben can finally breathe easily and his heart is working perfectly.  Michael did mention that his body stayed here and his spirit went to Heaven.  Happiness in the reality of sadness. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, God has blessed those boys with some seriously smart parents. Job well done, Helen and Brian. Job well done.