8.09.2011

Pure Faith

As a mother of two young and energetic boys, I tend to spend much of my day picking up. Just before nap time, I picked up a couple pairs of shoes that were on the staircase, as that's where I leave things that need to go up. Carter and Michael frequently race up the stairs to see who can get to bed first. (It's a little trick I have found that gets them to the places they may not necessarily want to go) Today, Carter won...by a long shot. He was sitting at the top of the stairs to be sure Michael saw that he was indeed the first to the top. Michael tends to hang his head when he is not the clear winner. Michael slunk passed Carter and I walked up the steps. Out of nowhere, Carter stands up, and LEAPS into my arms! I have no idea how this unsuspecting Mama managed to catch him but I did and he just squeezed my neck and said,"I love you Mama! You are the very best Mama in the whole world!" I know this, there is a reason we are supposed to have faith like a child. Carter reminded me today that we need to jump, open armed.

2 comments:

Nanny said...

So, we now have verification that Carter is the new mini-you. This is so reminiscent of you taking a walk across the t-bar on the swingset when dad coulnd't get to you fast enough! Dang! I'm actually surprised that it didn't happen sooner or that he hasn't tried jumping from the top of the slide.

Helen Hassel said...

You and me both sister.