9.11.2008

Remember

First, I would like to remember all the people who gave their lives on this day in 2001.
Then, I would like to share some photos I found last night while doing some remembering of my own.
                                               Geauga Lake
The Main Gate.  There has NEVER been that many weeds.  It's SO depressing for me.
The big dipper.  *sigh* Larger Than Life.  I opened this attraction.  I opened a few attractions at Geauga Lake.  What a privilege.  LTL was SO fun!  Everything was HUGE and there were footpads all over that made noises.  Some of them sang.  I spent a lot of time stepping on the rain cloud that sang "Rain drops keep falling on my Head"   The Raging Wolf Bobs.  This was my first "big" ride.  This is where I graduated to from Rainbow Island.  *sigh*  When I left, I was one of two people who knew how to drive two trains on the Bobs.  The other was my best friend, Angela Gordon.  In 1999 they called me from the other side of the park because she needed a bathroom break and I was the only one in the park who could give her said break.  I just love this ride.  We rode at least once a day.  You could knock the phone off the hook if you knew where to hit the wall opposite of the phone!  :)  The hill mic could be heard half way up the midway and you could see ANYONE coming.  It was a straight shot from the operating booth to the midway.   Not that I don't enjoy being married and being a mama but those where the best days of my life!

No comments: