8.16.2012

Listening

  It amazes me how my children don't ever seem to be listening when I talk but they can recite jingles, tag lines, and benefits from nearly every commercial.  Today the "Pack It" commercial was on and Michael proceed to tell me all the different ways that it was good for us to buy.  "Did you know that the Pack it is SO much better than our lunch boxes because it keeps food cold for up to TEN HOURS?!?  Plus you don't have to think about what to pack us because it comes with a menu.  See?  You get that for free when you order the Pack it.  Did you hear that FREE word?"  I said to him, "We don't need the Pack It, you guys already have brand new lunch boxes."  He said, "But they aren't good for our lunch.  They'll let our food go bad and turn brown.  The Pack It comes with freezer packs on all sides."

  I sure as heck hope he listens this well in first grade.

2 comments:

Nanny said...

He SO has a Morgan frame of mind. Holy cow are you guys ever in trouble.

Helen Hassel said...

Beth tells me Pammie comes home from her grandma's with a list and phone numbers. Each with a thirty minute spiel on why she NEEDS to purchase such things. I have it easy.