3.14.2011

A Wake Up Call.

Carter came into our room this morning at just about 5:00.  Still mostly asleep, I picked him up and put him in my bed between Brian and me.  He started talking...
"Mom.  Mommy.  Mom.  Mommy.  Mom.  Mommy."
"What Carter?"
"I want milk."
"Not right now Buddy."
"Why?"
"Because it's all the way down stairs."
He gave up.  Well, I thought he gave up till Brian jolted awake with an "OUCH!"
I sat up.  "What is it?"
Carter had gone downstairs, opened the fridge, gotten his Silk out, opened the dish washer, taken a cup, the matching lid and the rubber sucker thing that goes in the lid out and brought them to his Daddy.  Brian was dumbfounded.  He sat up and was SO confused. (He doesn't wake up very easily) He said, "This lid doesn't even go with this cup."  On top of being mostly asleep, he's blind, so he handed me the lid and the cup and asked if they were a pair.  Then Carter handed me the rubber sucker thing and I put the cup together.  He said,"I want Daddy to pour my milk!"  Milk was in hand and Carter was in bed.  Brian took the remaining Silk to the fridge and we all slept till 9:00.
This boy is too smart for his own good.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Just a note, I woke up with an ouch because Carter decided the best way to wake me up was to hit me in the head with his cup. Sometimes being a deep sleeper stinks.

Cassie said...

How sweet! How perfectly sweet! What a BIG Boy!!! Except of course for the Daddy Ouch! Hahahaha!

Helen Hassel said...

Cassie, You got that right!
Baby, Sorry. So sorry.