2.22.2010

The Notebook

Last night, Missy J. and I watched "The Notebook."  I, at 31, have never seen this movie.  Missy jumped off the sofa and put in the movie as soon as she heard that I had not seen it.  She watched it every week with her friends at OSU.  They could quote the entire film and imitate the characters.  I can totally relate.  (We, the girls in our youth group, made our youth group watch "Grease" every time we were in front of a television.  I don't know HOW the boys ever put up with us.  Somehow, someone ALWAYS had a copy available.)  "The Notebook" was fantastic.  It was an incredible reality for what my grandpa and great grandma went through with dementia.  It was beautifully written.  The costumes were fabulous and the acting was really something.  It was so sweet and very romantic.  I totally cried.  It was a magical movie and I suggest it to you all!  PLUS, Rachel McAdams totally reminds me of Jamie Montgomery.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a wonderful movie - a great reminder that love lasts forever. Ruth

Beth said...

I really can't stand to watch Grease anymore, ever since that year of constant watching with you guys.

-beth b

Anonymous said...

OMG I love this movie! I actually got on of my guy friends who lives in the dorm with me to watch it with my best friend and I....i guess we really know that he loves us! lol

Check out my blog: http://ltyndall.blogspot.com/

Cassie said...

It is such a beautiful story of true Love

Helena said...

I'm a sucker for this kind of film. Title noted!