1.19.2010

Amish Country

We went to Amish country last Friday and had a splendid, no kid time.  We didn't actually see too much Amish things.  We went to Sol's but I was afraid to take pictures.

We then stopped at the creepy, witchy, fairyland store and found some REALLY weird stuff.  Like this Santa, for example.  CREEPY!

There were really cool fairy things there.  They had the most beautiful costumes but nothing really appropriate for children(or anyone for that matter).

Ruth is going to make this amazing costume for the fairy Tuckers for Halloween this year.  I wonder what poor Riley will be.  :º)

Ruth tried on the see-through fairy adult costume.  Lets just say we laughed a lot in this refrigerator store.

Okay, he's not a wood gnome but he sure fit the joke.  And he certainly doesn't have algae.  HA HA!

Next, we went to the Antique mall and shared many more laughs.  Who salts their veggies with monks?!?

"But I did not shoot the Deputy"  I couldn't believe that it said "Trooper" on the side of the gun.

It was Becky's turn to try on a thing or two.  Hee hee hee.

Okay, first, who bought this thing?  Second, WHO WOULD WEAR SUCH A THING?!?  Ha ha ha!

I must say, I am really stunned at some of the things people hold on to.  Can you believe you used to play with toys that people are selling at an antique mall?  I couldn't believe how many things I saw that I once owned or my parents had owned.  Thank you Ruth and Becky for a day full of belly laughs and antique humor.

The cameras were so fantastic!  I have a box of them from Grandma Morgan's house that I will treasure.  I was honored when my aunts felt I deserved them.  Thank you for that Ladies!!

6 comments:

Cassie said...

What a fun day! I love Amish country!

Helen Hassel said...

For the record....I ate cheese just for you!

Anonymous said...

Helen- Looks like you ladies had a great time. I was down at some "antique stores" in Lebanon a couple years ago and we found the same thing. How many of those things we had a my parents or grandmas house! I bought some Little Golden books that I remembered.
Glad you had fun!
Susan

Anonymous said...

OMG - I have not laughed so much in a long time - it was truly a fun time. WE MUST DO IT AGAIN!
Ruth

PS - love the pictures!

Nan said...

For Ruth: RUTH!!! You look absolutely wonderful! Great job. Looking forward to completing the Easter Goal with you, Helen, Gwenn and everyone else who has signed on. Love you. N

blog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.